TDX provides a range of services to the Thermoformed Packaging industry in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. The Tooling division offers packaging design, rapid prototyping, sampling and full production tooling services to a wide range of Thermoformed packaging manufacturers.
Due to continued development of our business we have a number of vacancies in our Design and Development Department. The D&D department designs, manufactures prototype moulds and produces production quality prototype samples for high volume Thermoformed packaging manufacturers.
Part Time (20hrs) Admin Assistant
TDX are recruiting for a part time administrator to assist our D&D & Tooling Coordinators to manage the day to day activities of the D&D and Tooling dept. This is a key role requiring the successful applicant to display a wide range of skills and attributes. Hours would be 9am -1pm, 5 days a week, (successful applicant must be flexible to cover staff holidays when required)
The role will involve the day to day co-ordination of all activities in the department including:
- Dealing with customers by phone, email and in person to process new requirements and discuss deadlines.
- Sales order processing and raising of relevant internal order documentation including creating quotations and obtaining purchase orders.
- Adding new orders to the departmental works plan.
- Scheduling and planning of all departmental resources to ensure customer delivery dates are met, including 5 design staff and 5 production staff.
- Attendance at the morning planning meeting with the 13 strong team to present the planned daily workload and deadlines.
- Ongoing monitoring of the progress of all orders throughout the day to ensure deadlines are met.
- Organisation of daily shipments to customers via DHL or other couriers.
- Collation of performance data and production of weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Preparing customer invoice schedule.
- Monitor and log holidays and sickness.
- All issues relating to the Time Clock
- Monthly Health & Safety checks on Emergency lighting and fire extinguishers.
- General office duties, e.g. filing, preparation for customer visits etc.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes.
- Highly organised and able to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving environment working to strict deadlines.
- Resilient and capable of operating under pressure.
- Personable and able to deal with a wide range of customers over the telephone and in person in a mature manner.
- Excellent administration skills and proficiency in MS Office software, in particular Excel, Access and MS Project. Knowledge of ERP systems (Microsoft Nav) would also be beneficial.
Interested applicants should apply in the first instance by e-mailing a current CV and covering letter to Kevin Appleby, Technical Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please apply in writing to:
Mark Prinn, Managing Director
3 Princes Park,
Team Valley Trading Estate,
Tyne & Wear,
Please apply by e-mail to: